Due to the measures taken regarding COVID-19, the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures has temporarily suspended in-person business until further notice. However, our office is currently operating remotely in order to facilitate student advising.
The Department of Asian Languages & Cultures will be maintaining regular online advising hours: Monday thru Friday, 9:00 – 11:30 AM and 1:30 – 4:00 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time). Online appointments will be coordinated through UCLA Zoom. If you have not done so already, please visit https://ucla.zoom.us/ to familiarize yourself with how Zoom works. If you do not have access to zoom, please indicate this in your request.
For questions related to UCLA registrar policies, procedures, and deadlines (add/drop deadlines, etc.), please visit their website, https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Announcements/COVID-19-FAQ
If you wish to meet with the undergraduate ALC advisor, you MUST include the following information in your email:
- Name, UID number, Major/Minor, and issue you wish to address
Please provide a detailed description of your request, and please indicate if you are requesting a zoom appointment. Please also include your availability based on the advising hours above to expedite the process.
- You are an undergraduate student with questions about enrollment in an ALC class, or schedule assistance.
- You are an undergraduate student with questions about their Foreign Language Requirement (FLR).
- You are an undergraduate student with questions about declaring an ALC major /minor/double major.
- You are an ALC major/minor and have questions about ALC Department or Study Abroad petitions.
- You are an undergraduate student with other advising needs (College petitions, degree checks, placement examinations, etc).
Please send your email to the undergraduate advisor, Stewart-Carrier-Murillo with the information requested above, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As protocols are established for advising students during this time, please note that policies may be changed or be amended due to the fluctuating situation with COVID-19. We understand that these disruptions can be frustrating, and the department is working diligently to ensure that student needs are addressed. We thank you for your patience.
This information is also available on the undergraduate page of our website.