Registration for Winter 2024 exam is now CLOSED. Please check back for information on Fall 2024 exams.
If you registered for the Winter 2024 exam, please read below:
- IMPORTANT: This exam has two parts: 1) an asynchronous portion to be completed *BEFORE* Wednesday, January 3rd, at 10:00AM via Bruinlearn and 2) a synchronous Zoom session portion on Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 1:00PM. Both portions of the exam must be completed in order to receive placement exam results.
- Registration will close on January 3rd, 2024 at 8:00 AM – NO LATE REGISTRATION
- You must be registered for the exam in order to participate. Exam time and details are confirmed through the registration process. You must register to confirm exam details.
- You must complete the entirety of the exam to receive placement results.
- There will be absolutely NO MAKE UP-EXAMS. Please DO NOT contact our office for a make-up exam. We do not offer make-up exams. If you miss the exam, the next opportunity to take it will be Fall 2024.
- Please make sure you are available and have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection on the day of the exam.
- We ask that you bring your Bruin ID card with you; if you do not yet have a Bruin ID card on the day of the exam please bring a government issued photo ID as a substitute.
- Please read through all registration information carefully.
If you are placed into a Winter 2024 language course (example: Korean 5, 100B), you will submit your enrollment request online through the general placement exam page *after you receive your exam results*. Please read the instructions on the form carefully once it becomes available (form will be on ALC general placement exam page after exam results are posted).
Enrollment requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow at least 2 to 3 business days for us to process your request. Please do not send multiple emails. ALC Major/Minor students will be given enrollment priority.
Please note that language courses are priority so if any of your other courses conflict with your language course, it’s recommended that you drop the other course or resolve your conflict before submitting an enrollment request, or you may not be enrolled. If you have any questions concerning the above policies or exam procedures please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.